The Wilds Blog
5 Reasons to visit Northern New Hampshire this Labor Day
You made it through the busy summer which means it’s time to treat yourself to one last hoorah before the changing of seasons.
Labor Day is right around the corner to give you the well-deserved break that you’re needing. Don’t waste your time and energy searching for things to do over the three-day holiday weekend, we have put together a list of activities for you so that you can spend your time exploring and enjoying a work-free vacation!
- Bear Rock Adventures – Our on-road and off-road family-friendly adventures are perfect for New Hampshire day trips. Wrangle up your squad, choose your vehicle and enjoy the great outdoors! Climb into a Polaris RZR and venture through 1,000+ miles of interconnecting forested landscapes or slide into an open-air roadster and cruise through New Hampshire in style. Our featured rides include April’s Maple, an off-road ride that takes you along the Connecticut River and by April’s Maple where you can tour the state-of-the-art maple sugar house and café, and Beaver Brook Falls, an off-road adventure that leads guests to an 80-foot waterfall tucked away in the Ride the Wilds trail. These adventures, along with others, are also featured adventures with Polaris adventures! Whatever adventure you choose will send you and your family on a day that they won’t forget.
- Connecticut Lakes – Nestled high in the mountains of New Hampshire, Connecticut Lakes is a local hotspot for outdoor enthusiasts alike. Stay dry on the shore while you wet a line with your fly rod or jump into the refreshing mountain water as you swim alongside kayakers, paddleboarders and boaters! Be sure to keep a sharp eye out for the infamous “Moose Alley”; this destination is where moose frequently visit and even take a plunge of their own in the inviting lake.
- Garfield Falls – One of the greatest hidden gems of New Hampshire is Garfield Falls, a 35-foot tall waterfall sourced from the East Branch of the Dead Diamond River. Although the waterfall is off of the beaten path, it’s a short hike from the trailhead and easily accessible for guests of all ages. We recommend bringing your swimsuit and taking a dip in the water, it is unlike anything you have experienced before!
- Santa’s Village – If your summer vacation in New Hampshire includes kiddos, Santa’s Village is a must. This Christmas-themed amusement park is open over Labor Day weekend and is filled with different rides, a waterpark, restaurants and shopping. The theme park brings a sense of youth and a fun twist on your typical amusement park, keeping you and your kids entertained for hours!
- Great North Woods – For the nature lovers out there, Great North Woods is your paradise. Famous for the interconnected trails of Ride the Wilds, Lake Umbagog National Wildlife Refuge, Route 16 and Beaver Brook Falls Wayside, an incredible natural wonder that you have to see to believe. If you’re an outdoor enthusiast looking for a day of exploration, this is the place for you to be.
Labor Day Weekend in Northern New Hampshire is calling your name. Leave behind the stress of planning your trip, take the locals’ advice on what to do and make sure your camera is charged to capture an epic weekend to wrap up the summer season!