The Wilds Blog
Beat Cabin Fever
It’s that time of year where cabin fever starts to set in. The first few snowfalls have made their appearances and it’s easy to get into the routine of wrapping up in a blanket on the couch to escape the cold weather. While that is nice on occasion, it is important to beat cabin fever by getting outside and staying active during the winter months. Lucky for you, friends, we have put together a list of fun things to do in New Hampshire to get you out and about during the winter months.
Epic Adventures Await You At:
- Bear Rock Adventures – This is a no-brainer, but you know we had to call it out. Some of our winter adventures include the Blazing Trails and Dixville Peaks tours. Travel to along the Connecticut River, Garfield Falls, Diamond Ridge and more! Head over to our “Explore” tab for more information on our tours.
- Tillotson Center – If you’re looking to get out of the house but don’t want to spend an extended period of time outside, we recommend going to the Tillotson Center. They have a gallery, museum and theater at their location full of heritage, visuals and performing arts. Be sure to check out their website for upcoming events that are fun for the whole family!
- Bretton Woods– Wanting outdoor adventure activities for the everyone in the family? Bretton Woods has alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, canopy tours, sleigh rides, and tubing are just a few of the activities offered. Whether you’re in town for the weekend or just looking for a day trip in the New England area, they have an adventure for you!
- Snowshoeing– A great way to shake cabin fever is to get out and exercise! Swap your gym shoes for some Tall Timber snowshoes and explore Pittsburg’s backcountry. If you you’re an adventurous spirit, we recommend venturing to Unknown Pond where you reach the “height of the land.”
- Great Glen Trails – Another place to check out in the area for family fun is Great Glen Trails. They have activities for everyone including cross-country skiing, winter tours, ski school for the kiddos and more! The Mt. Washington SnowCoach needs to be on your bucket list for this location. It takes guest up to the timberline of Mt. Washington into a sub-arctic world at 4,200 feet. Bonus: It is the perfect backdrop for your annual holiday card!
Great Local Grub Can Be Found At:
- The Burg – The wood-fired pizza at this new rustic restaurant in town is a must-have. They are a farm to fire operation and have an amazing staff that will have your family coming back for more.
- Murphy’s Steakhouse – Dine next to a fireplace with quaint surroundings at this savory chophouse. The homey feel will make it seem like you’re eating the comfort of your own home with tons of delicious meals to choose from. We recommend indulging in the Surf and Turf while taking in the gorgeous views of the Connecticut Lake out of your window.
- Moose Muck Café – This is the perfect breakfast or lunch spot to stop into and get a cup of coffee or pastry before a day of winter fun. Whether you’re popping in for a quick grab and go or staying for a while and enjoy a wholesome lunch, they have everything you’re wanting and more.
Want more options? Check out our website for additional places to dine!
Cabin fever has finally met its match! New Hampshire has a wide variety of activities to get you and your family out of the house, all you have to do is pick your adventure.